About Snack Sense
A PDF version of Snack Sense is available here.
Snack Sense for Parents aims to help parents incorporate the Environmental Standards for Healthy Eating into their regular snack time routine at a low price.
Hints for a Healthy Home
- Serve water at every meal and snack
- Do not allow sugar-sweetened beverages in your home
- Serve a fruit and/or vegetable at every meal and snack
- Choose foods with 0g of trans fat that do not have partially hydrogenated oils in the ingredient list
- When buying grains (like bread, crackers, and cereals), choose whole grains