- Environmental Standards
- Getting Other Staff on Board
- Articles, Emails, and Handouts
- Unit 1: Fruits and Vegetables
- Unit 2: Get Moving
- Unit 3: Be Sugar Smart
- Unit 4: Go for Good Fat
- Unit 5: Go for Whole Grains
- Unit 6: Super Snacks
- Unit 7: Fruits and Veggies Mix it Up
- Unit 8: Tune Out TV
- Unit 9: Play Hard
- Unit 10: Hydration
- Unit 11: Finale
- Recipe Packet
- Complete Curriculum
Children will work together to create a Food & Fun skit
- Various props to use in the skit
- Craft materials and poster board to create scenery and promotional posters
- Creativity and enthusiasm!
- Invite the children - as a whole group or in small groups (e.g. you can have different grades work together) to create a skit (or a number of small skits) that demonstrate the key messages that they learned from Food & Fun.
- Be sure to help children find ways to get involved that do not necessarily involve acting. For instance, children can:
- Be in charge of writing the script
- Find or make props or other scenery
- Help "backstage"
- Create posters or signs to announce the show
- Create a theme song or rap
- Be sure to give the group(s) the opportunity to choose their favorite healthy focus for the skit and let them perform their skit for other program participants, staff and families!
- The performance of the skit could be combined with a celebration during which families could try different recipes, see children's art projects, or participate in physical activities!
- You could also invite parent volunteers to assist in the production of the skit!