- Environmental Standards
- Getting Other Staff on Board
- Articles, Emails, and Handouts
- Unit 1: Fruits and Vegetables
- Unit 2: Get Moving
- Unit 3: Be Sugar Smart
- Unit 4: Go for Good Fat
- Unit 5: Go for Whole Grains
- Unit 6: Super Snacks
- Unit 7: Fruits and Veggies Mix it Up
- Unit 8: Tune Out TV
- Unit 9: Play Hard
- Unit 10: Hydration
- Unit 11: Finale
- Recipe Packet
- Complete Curriculum
Fruity Freeze Tag
One or two "its" try to freeze players by tagging them, while other players call out fruits and vegetables to unfreeze the player.
Preparation and Materials:
- Identify the boundaries in the gym or field and inform the players that they may run in any direction, but must stay within the boundaries.
- Select 1 or 2 "its" (use random methods to select the "it", such as a birthday that month, or born on a certain number, or wearing a particular color).
- On "Go" the "its" will chase the players and try to tag them (below the shoulders, avoid shoving). When a player is tagged, he/she stands frozen until he/she is rescued.
- Options for rescue:
- The leader calls out a color and the frozen player(s) must call out the name a fruit or vegetable to match the color. With this option, the leader may continue to call out colors and any tagged player can name a fruit or vegetable of that color until the leader calls out a new color.
- Another player who serves as the "rescuer" calls out a color while crawling under the frozen player's legs; the frozen player must name a fruit or vegetable to match the color.
- Have the leader call out the names of fruit and veggie dishes from another country and children must name the region/culture. For example, "platanos" would be Latin America.