- Environmental Standards
- Getting Other Staff on Board
- Articles, Emails, and Handouts
- Unit 1: Fruits and Vegetables
- Unit 2: Get Moving
- Unit 3: Be Sugar Smart
- Unit 4: Go for Good Fat
- Unit 5: Go for Whole Grains
- Unit 6: Super Snacks
- Unit 7: Fruits and Veggies Mix it Up
- Unit 8: Tune Out TV
- Unit 9: Play Hard
- Unit 10: Hydration
- Unit 11: Finale
- Recipe Packet
- Complete Curriculum
Recipe - Migas "Crumbs"
Adapted from: USDA SNAP-Ed Recipes
Level 3: Full Kitchen
Serving size: 1 cup
Servings per recipe: 10
Price per serving: 32¢
Preparation time and cook time: >45 minutes; best for smaller programs or cooking classes
- Stove top
- Sharp knife
- Whisk or fork
- 10 large corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Use sharp knife to chop pepper and onions
- Tear tortillas into small pieces.
- Lightly beat 10 eggs in bowl with whisk or fork .
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add tortillas and stir until pieces begin to brown.
- Add chopped peppers and onion to the pan; saute until soft.
- Add eggs; stir until the eggs are cooked.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle on the grated cheese.
- Cover the pan and let cheese melt.
- Serve immediately.
To Serve: Top 1/4 cup of yogurt with Awesome Granola! Store extra granola in a tightly covered container.