- Environmental Standards
- Getting Other Staff on Board
- Articles, Emails, and Handouts
- Unit 1: Fruits and Vegetables
- Unit 2: Get Moving
- Unit 3: Be Sugar Smart
- Unit 4: Go for Good Fat
- Unit 5: Go for Whole Grains
- Unit 6: Super Snacks
- Unit 7: Fruits and Veggies Mix it Up
- Unit 8: Tune Out TV
- Unit 9: Play Hard
- Unit 10: Hydration
- Unit 11: Finale
- Recipe Packet
- Complete Curriculum
Mix and Mash
An adaptation of Twister®
Children will review different foods covered in Food & Fun
Materials and Preaparation:
- Make Twister® mats by cutting out paper circles and tapping them to the floor in four equal rows of six. Each row should be a different color, which correspond to different food groups: red (whole grains), yellow (healthy fat), blue (fruits), and green (vegetables).
- Use spinner from the Twister® game or make your own by attaching a spinner to a square board. The spinner is divided into four labeled sections: right foot, left foot, right hand, and left hand. Each of those four sections is then divided into the four food/activity colors (red, yellow, blue, and green).
- Note: If you are unfamiliar with the game of Twister® see: http://boardgames.about.com/od/gamehistories/p/twister.htm
How to Play
- Divide the group into teams of 5 players. You should have one "mat" per group.
- Each team member will take turns as the spinner. Depending on the color that is spun, the spinner must give an example of a food in that food group, and then call out the combination (for example: right hand, apples). The players must move their matching hand or foot to a dot of the correct color (for this example, blue).