- Environmental Standards
- Getting Other Staff on Board
- Articles, Emails, and Handouts
- Unit 1: Fruits and Vegetables
- Unit 2: Get Moving
- Unit 3: Be Sugar Smart
- Unit 4: Go for Good Fat
- Unit 5: Go for Whole Grains
- Unit 6: Super Snacks
- Unit 7: Fruits and Veggies Mix it Up
- Unit 8: Tune Out TV
- Unit 9: Play Hard
- Unit 10: Hydration
- Unit 11: Finale
- Recipe Packet
- Complete Curriculum
Children will review all of the things that they learned from Food & Fun activities
Materials and Preaparation:
- A round object such as an orange or tennis ball
How to Play
- Players form a circle sitting on the floor or ground. Select one player to be "it".
- The person who is "it" goes into the center and counts to 10 out loud while his/her eyes are closed. Meanwhile, the players pass the object around the circle.
- On the count of 10, the players stop passing the object and the person in the middle calls out a "Name 3 Challenge" using healthy food and drink groups or physical activity categories. The player holding the object must quickly call out 3 things that fit in the category.
- Options to call out (you may want to write things down for the center person to choose from):
- 3 fruits (or red fruits, yellow fruits, etc.)
- 3 vegetables (or green veggies, white veggies, etc.)
- 3 grains
- 3 whole grain cereals
- 3 super snacks
- 3 healthy drinks
- 3 healthy foods that start with the letter "A" or "B", etc.
- 3 active things to do
- 3 things that get you "playing hard"
- 3 things to do when you tune out the TV
- Incorporate questions from extension activities, like naming a fruit or vegetable in a different language.