- Environmental Standards
- Getting Other Staff on Board
- Articles, Emails, and Handouts
- Unit 1: Fruits and Vegetables
- Unit 2: Get Moving
- Unit 3: Be Sugar Smart
- Unit 4: Go for Good Fat
- Unit 5: Go for Whole Grains
- Connect With Parents
- Mosiac Creations
- Warm Up, Cool Down
- Red Hen Relay
- La Milpa, Learn to Make Corn Tortillas
- Make Flour
- Recipe - Trail Mix
- Recipe - Whole Wheat Mini-Pizzas
- Recipe - Awesome Granola
- Recipe - Silly Popcorn
- Recipe - Corn on the Cob
- Recipe - Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes
- Taste Test - Go for Whole Grains!
- Unit 6: Super Snacks
- Unit 7: Fruits and Veggies Mix it Up
- Unit 8: Tune Out TV
- Unit 9: Play Hard
- Unit 10: Hydration
- Unit 11: Finale
- Recipe Packet
- Complete Curriculum
Level 2: Basic
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Servings per recipe: 20
Price per serving: 72¢
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes in oven; 8 minutes in microwave
- Glass Baking Dish
- Large bowl
- Oven or Microwave
- Cookie sheet or aluminum foil
- 6 cups oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded or flaked coconut
- 2 cups chopped pecans, walnuts or peanuts (Beware of any nut allergies!)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of melted butter
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups raisins
- 2 32oz tubs plain or vanilla low-fat yogurt
DirectionsFor Convetional Oven:
- Heat oven to 350° F. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except raisins, mix well.
- Bake in baking dish for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Stir every 5 minutes.
- Stir in raisins. Cool thoroughly.
- Combine all ingredients, except raisins, in a large bowl; mix well.
- Place in glass baking dish. Cook at HIGH about 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after every 2 minutes of cooking; stir in raisins.
- Place onto un-greased cookie sheet or aluminum foil to cool. Cool thoroughly.