- Environmental Standards
- Getting Other Staff on Board
- Articles, Emails, and Handouts
- Unit 1: Fruits and Vegetables
- Unit 2: Get Moving
- Unit 3: Be Sugar Smart
- Unit 4: Go for Good Fat
- Unit 5: Go for Whole Grains
- Unit 6: Super Snacks
- Unit 7: Fruits and Veggies Mix it Up
- Unit 8: Tune Out TV
- Unit 9: Play Hard
- Unit 10: Hydration
- Unit 11: Finale
- Recipe Packet
- Complete Curriculum
Recipe - Berry Blast Fruit Shake
Adapted from: USDA SNAP-Ed Recipes
Level 2: Basic Kitchen
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Servings per recipe: 20
Price per serving: 45¢
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 2 12oz packages of frozen berries (like strawberries, blueberries, and/or mixed berries)
- 2 12oz packages of other frozen mixed fruit (like cantaloupe, honeydew, grapes, peaches or bananas)
- 1/2 gallon of low-fat milk
- 4 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract (optional)
- In a blender, combine the 2 cups frozen berries, 1cup frozen mixed fruit, 11/2 cups low-fat milk, and 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- Puree until thick and smooth. If the mixture is too thick, thin out with a more milk.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
- Repeat steps above until all ingredients are used (about 5 batches).