- Environmental Standards
- Getting Other Staff on Board
- Articles, Emails, and Handouts
- Unit 1: Fruits and Vegetables
- Unit 2: Get Moving
- Unit 3: Be Sugar Smart
- Unit 4: Go for Good Fat
- Unit 5: Go for Whole Grains
- Unit 6: Super Snacks
- Unit 7: Fruits and Veggies Mix it Up
- Unit 8: Tune Out TV
- Unit 9: Play Hard
- Unit 10: Hydration
- Unit 11: Finale
- Recipe Packet
- Complete Curriculum
Recipe - Burrito Bites
Adapted from: USDA SNAP-Ed Recipes
Level 1: No cooking required
Serving size: 3 burrito bites
Servings per recipe: 20
Price per serving: 68¢
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Sharp knife
- Spoons for putting on toppings
- 20 6-in corn tortillas
- 2 16oz cans of refried beans
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce
- 5 cups low fat shredded cheese
- 2 24oz bottles of salsa
Chop and shred lettuce. Slice burritos into three bite sized pieces before serving.
- Carefully open each pocket and spread a thin layer of peanut butter on the inside walls.
- Fill with a combination of apple, banana, and/or peach slices.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Break pitas in half again (so they are in quarters) so kids can try different fruity combinations!
- If peaches aren't in season or you can't find them at your grocery store, substitute with extra apples and bananas!
- Warm pitas in the microwave for about 10 seconds to make them more flexible.