- Environmental Standards
- Getting Other Staff on Board
- Articles, Emails, and Handouts
- Unit 1: Fruits and Vegetables
- Unit 2: Get Moving
- Unit 3: Be Sugar Smart
- Unit 4: Go for Good Fat
- Unit 5: Go for Whole Grains
- Unit 6: Super Snacks
- Unit 7: Fruits and Veggies Mix it Up
- Unit 8: Tune Out TV
- Unit 9: Play Hard
- Unit 10: Hydration
- Unit 11: Finale
- Recipe Packet
- Complete Curriculum
Recipe - Butterfly Bites
Adapted from: USDA SNAP-Ed Recipes
Level 1: No cooking required
Serving size: 2 butterflies
Servings per recipe: approx 24
Price per serving: 35¢
Preparation time: 7 minutes
- Knives for cutting and spreading
- 1 16oz package of celery hearts
- 1 10oz bag of large twist pretzels
- 1 16oz jar of creamy peanut butter (trans fat free!). Beware of any peanut allergies! You can use 2 12oz tubs of cream cheese as a substitute.
- 11/2 cups of raisins
Cut celery in half cross wise.
- Fill center of each celery stick with about 11/2 Tbsp of peanut butter (or cream cheese). This is the body of the butterfly.
- Add two pretzels to form the butterfly's wings.
- Use extra pretzel pieces for antenna and raisins for decoration.