- Environmental Standards
- Getting Other Staff on Board
- Articles, Emails, and Handouts
- Unit 1: Fruits and Vegetables
- Unit 2: Get Moving
- Unit 3: Be Sugar Smart
- Unit 4: Go for Good Fat
- Unit 5: Go for Whole Grains
- Unit 6: Super Snacks
- Unit 7: Fruits and Veggies Mix it Up
- Unit 8: Tune Out TV
- Unit 9: Play Hard
- Unit 10: Hydration
- Unit 11: Finale
- Recipe Packet
- Complete Curriculum
Recipe - Tasty Bug
Adapted from: USDA SNAP-Ed Recipes
Level 1: No cooking required
Serving size: 1 "bug"
Servings per recipe: 20
Price per serving: 50¢
Preparation time: 7 minutes
- Knife for cutting and spreading
- 10 apples
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 16oz jar of peanut butter (trans fat free!) Beware of any peanut allergies! You can use cream cheese as a substitute.
Core the apples and cut it in half.
- Put half of the apple on a piece of lettuce, skin side up -- that's the bug's body.
- Using half a toothpick, have kids put a grape on one end and stick it in the front of the apple -- that's the bug's head.
- Using 1 Tbsp peanut butter as "glue", stick on raisins for spots and eyes. Let kids have fun doing this any way they want!
- Have kids break a toothpick in half for the antennae and stick them on either side of the head!