- Environmental Standards
- Getting Other Staff on Board
- Articles, Emails, and Handouts
- Unit 1: Fruits and Vegetables
- Unit 2: Get Moving
- Unit 3: Be Sugar Smart
- Unit 4: Go for Good Fat
- Unit 5: Go for Whole Grains
- Connect With Parents
- Mosiac Creations
- Warm Up, Cool Down
- Red Hen Relay
- La Milpa, Learn to Make Corn Tortillas
- Make Flour
- Recipe - Trail Mix
- Recipe - Whole Wheat Mini-Pizzas
- Recipe - Awesome Granola
- Recipe - Silly Popcorn
- Recipe - Corn on the Cob
- Recipe - Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes
- Taste Test - Go for Whole Grains!
- Unit 6: Super Snacks
- Unit 7: Fruits and Veggies Mix it Up
- Unit 8: Tune Out TV
- Unit 9: Play Hard
- Unit 10: Hydration
- Unit 11: Finale
- Recipe Packet
- Complete Curriculum
Level 1: No cooking required
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Servings per recipe: 24
Price per serving: 33¢
Preparation time: 7 minutes
- Large bowl and mixing spoons
- Scoop or spoons for serving
- Small serving bowls, cups or plastic snack bags
- 4 cups whole wheat mini pretzels, air popped popcorn or trans-fat free microwave popcorn
- 4 cups whole grain cereal like Cheerios® or Mighty Bites®
- 2 cups dried fruit like apricots, pineapple, or apples (look for brands with NO added sugar).
- 1 cup of raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 cup of granola
- Optional- 1 cup of nuts like almonds, walnuts or soy nuts, or unsalted roasted shelled sunflower seeds (Beware of nut allergies! If present, do not include.)
- Note: Many different ingredients may be added, as long as there is a good mix of whole grains, dried fruit, and nuts if no allergies are present.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Scoop about 1/2 cup into small bowls, cups, or plastic snack bags and serve.
- Set out the ingredients in individual bowls with spoons/scoops (small paper cups work well) and allow children to mix their own. Encourage children to try at least one or two of the dried fruit options.