- Environmental Standards
- Getting Other Staff on Board
- Articles, Emails, and Handouts
- Unit 1: Fruits and Vegetables
- Unit 2: Get Moving
- Unit 3: Be Sugar Smart
- Unit 4: Go for Good Fat
- Unit 5: Go for Whole Grains
- Connect With Parents
- Mosiac Creations
- Warm Up, Cool Down
- Red Hen Relay
- La Milpa, Learn to Make Corn Tortillas
- Make Flour
- Recipe - Trail Mix
- Recipe - Whole Wheat Mini-Pizzas
- Recipe - Awesome Granola
- Recipe - Silly Popcorn
- Recipe - Corn on the Cob
- Recipe - Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes
- Taste Test - Go for Whole Grains!
- Unit 6: Super Snacks
- Unit 7: Fruits and Veggies Mix it Up
- Unit 8: Tune Out TV
- Unit 9: Play Hard
- Unit 10: Hydration
- Unit 11: Finale
- Recipe Packet
- Complete Curriculum
Corn on the Cob
Level 2: Basic
Serving size: 1 pancake (4in in diameter)
Servings per recipe: 12
Price per serving: 10¢
Preparation and cook time: >45 minutes; best for smaller programs and cooking classes
- Electric griddle or frying pan and stove
- Large and medium sized bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing spoon and spatula
- Dinner plate or platter
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2 medium, very ripe bananas
- Cooking spray or butter to coat the griddle or pan
- Optional: Fresh or frozen fruit like berries or melon to serve with pancakes
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mash bananas. Mix in the milk and beaten eggs.
- Pour banana milk mixture into the flour mixture and mix well.
- If mixture appears too runny, add a little more flour; if too thick, add a little milk.
- Coat a large, non-stick frying pan or griddle with non-stick spray or butter. Heat pan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of batter onto the heated pan or griddle for each pancake.
- Cook until the tops are bubbly and the pancakes are dry around the edges. Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until golden on both sides. Place cooked pancakes on a plate and repeat steps 6 & 7 until all of the batter has been used, using more nonstick spray as needed.
- Optional: Top with fresh or defrosted frozen fruit.