- Environmental Standards
- Getting Other Staff on Board
- Articles, Emails, and Handouts
- Unit 1: Fruits and Vegetables
- Unit 2: Get Moving
- Unit 3: Be Sugar Smart
- Unit 4: Go for Good Fat
- Unit 5: Go for Whole Grains
- Connect With Parents
- Mosiac Creations
- Warm Up, Cool Down
- Red Hen Relay
- La Milpa, Learn to Make Corn Tortillas
- Make Flour
- Recipe - Trail Mix
- Recipe - Whole Wheat Mini-Pizzas
- Recipe - Awesome Granola
- Recipe - Silly Popcorn
- Recipe - Corn on the Cob
- Recipe - Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes
- Taste Test - Go for Whole Grains!
- Unit 6: Super Snacks
- Unit 7: Fruits and Veggies Mix it Up
- Unit 8: Tune Out TV
- Unit 9: Play Hard
- Unit 10: Hydration
- Unit 11: Finale
- Recipe Packet
- Complete Curriculum
Whole Wheat Mini-Pizzas
Level 2: Basic
Serving size: 1 mini pizza (1/2 of an English muffin)
Servings per recipe: 24
Price per serving: 49¢
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes per batch
- Toaster oven or stove
- Aluminum foil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Tablespoons and forks or knives (to split muffins)
- Small bowls
- Sharp knife
- 12 100% whole-wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 cups chunky vegetable tomato sauce or plain pizza sauce
- 2 8oz packages of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Assorted vegetables like shredded carrots, sliced mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc. (place in small bowls)
Slice vegetables and arrange into bowls.
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray
- Place toasted English muffins on baking sheet.
- Spread each muffin with about 2 Tbsp of tomato sauce.
- Let the kids add some of their favorite sliced vegetables – encourage children to try at least one topping.
- Top with some shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.