- Environmental Standards
- Getting Other Staff on Board
- Articles, Emails, and Handouts
- Unit 1: Fruits and Vegetables
- Unit 2: Get Moving
- Unit 3: Be Sugar Smart
- Unit 4: Go for Good Fat
- Unit 5: Go for Whole Grains
- Unit 6: Super Snacks
- Unit 7: Fruits and Veggies Mix it Up
- Unit 8: Tune Out TV
- Unit 9: Play Hard
- Unit 10: Hydration
- Unit 11: Finale
- Recipe Packet
- Complete Curriculum
Talking About Nutrition and Physical Activity
Encourage staff to start each unit by teaching the key messages for kids. They should always try to focus on the positives of feeling great and being healthy over talk of losing weight. Try teaching staff to use kids' questions as "teachable moments"-if they don't know the answers they can always look them up with the resources in each unit. Check out these questions for ideas to start dialog with kids, and encourage staff to role play with one another for practice.
Check out these tips for talking to kids about nutrition and physical activity!
Food & Fun Question for Kids
- What types of foods do you eat with your family?
- What is your favorite way to get physically activity?
- Why is it important to eat whole grains/be active etc?
- How can you try to eat more fruits/drink more water etc.?