- Environmental Standards
- Getting Other Staff on Board
- Articles, Emails, and Handouts
- Unit 1: Fruits and Vegetables
- Unit 2: Get Moving
- Unit 3: Be Sugar Smart
- Unit 4: Go for Good Fat
- Unit 5: Go for Whole Grains
- Unit 6: Super Snacks
- Unit 7: Fruits and Veggies Mix it Up
- Unit 8: Tune Out TV
- Unit 9: Play Hard
- Unit 10: Hydration
- Unit 11: Finale
- Recipe Packet
- Complete Curriculum
Taste Test - Go for Good Fat
Taste Test Ideas for Healthy Fats
- Healthy Fat - dip whole wheat bread into olive oil. Try adding your choice of flavors with garlic, salt, rosemary, basil, or red pepper flakes.
- Compare fat in foods or drinks - 2% versus skim milk or regular versus low-fat cheese. Ask children to notice how the food feels, along with its taste.
- Go Nuts! If nut allergies are not a concern, nibble on some healthy nuts like almonds, walnuts, peanuts, or soy nuts.
Download the PDF for the Taste Test Rating Sheet here